NSW First Home Owners Grant
The $10,000 First Home Owner Grant (New Homes) scheme applies for new homes only.
To qualify for the First Home Owner Grant, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- the contract date must be on or after 1 January 2016
- the home is a brand new home
- you are over 18 years of age
- you or your spouse (including de facto spouse) have never held a relevant interest in any residential property in Australia prior to 1 July 2000 (However, you may be eligible if you or your spouse, including de facto spouse, have only had a relevant interest in any residential property in Australia on or after 1 July 2000 and you have not resided in that property for a continuous period of at least 6 months.)
- the value of the property must not exceed the First Home Owner Grant Cap of $750,000
- you have not received a first home owners grant in any State or Territory, unless subsequently repaid
- you need to live in the home for a continuous period of at least 6 months
- at least one applicant is a permanent resident or Australian citizen
- each applicant must be a natural person and not a company or trust.
More information: http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants/complete/fhog