As land becomes increasingly scarce in certain suburbs, particularly in metro areas, more and more people are opting to knockdown and rebuild.
Building to suit current lifestyle needs is a major benefit of choosing to knockdown and rebuild. It can also eliminate the stress and costs involved in renovating or extending an existing home.
Similarly, if you love the area you live in but not your house and don’t want to move away from your family and friends, change your local supermarket or find new schools then a knockdown and rebuild is ideal.
Some of the benefits of choosing to knockdown and rebuild include:
– Building to suit individual needs
– Staying in the same location
– No need to find a block of land
– Energy efficiency
– No stamp duty
– Less maintenance
– Home warranty
– Increase in equity
– No need to spend money on renovating or changing existing home to suit current needs
– Appliances and fittings under warranty
– Home built to latest regulations and building standards
– New homes depreciate less than existing dwellings
Unlike home renovations, constructing a new home will ensure the home owners don’t have to compromise on the needs, comforts and quality that today’s building innovations can offer.
New homes are most likely smarter homes because they are built using the latest technologies in structural integrity and energy efficiency.
Similarly, a knockdown and rebuild project can often be cheaper than extending or renovating an existing home due to the builder having to work in and around existing structures.
Contact your local Hotondo Homes builder for knockdown rebuild advice here.